Recipe by LoversDream
Sure beats the heck out of those fat filled "tubes" or store bought breakfast sausages that leave you with a pan full of grease!!!
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallion, minced (green onions, white part & 2-inch green)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored seeded & minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- unsalted butter, for frying
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the pork, beef and veal thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the garlic, scallions, green pepper, cumin, thyme, fennel,.
- nutmeg and red pepper flakes and salt to taste.
- Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Fry a small amount in a skillet until no longer pink.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust in the meat mixture if necessary.
- Divide the meat mixture in half. Roll each half into a log 7 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap the logs separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- Cut the sausage logs into 1/2 inch slices.
- Fry the patties in a little bit of butter until well browned on both sides.
- Serve with eggs, pancakes or French toast.