Sure beats the heck out of those fat filled "tubes" or store bought breakfast sausages that leave you with a pan full of grease!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch scallion, minced (green onions, white part & 2-inch green)
- 1 large green bell pepper, cored seeded & minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- salt, to taste
- unsalted butter, for frying
- 1Mix the pork, beef and veal thoroughly in a large mixing bowl.
- 2Add the garlic, scallions, green pepper, cumin, thyme, fennel,.
- 3nutmeg and red pepper flakes and salt to taste.
- 4Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- 5Fry a small amount in a skillet until no longer pink.
- 6Taste for seasonings and adjust in the meat mixture if necessary.
- 7Divide the meat mixture in half. Roll each half into a log 7 inches long and about 2 inches in diameter.
- 8Wrap the logs separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- 9Cut the sausage logs into 1/2 inch slices.
- 10Fry the patties in a little bit of butter until well browned on both sides.
- 11Serve with eggs, pancakes or French toast.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Breakfast Sausage
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.7 mg
- Sodium 101.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 29.2 g