1/1 Photo of Spicy Breakfast Home Fries
John from CT #2's Note:
This is something I just kind of cooked up one day. This is a great side dish to a hearty breakfast and the leftovers in the pan are great to cook your eggs in. The amount of spices you put in really are to taste, but I can give the approximate amounts that I use. NOTE: Instead of cooking this in olive oil, bacon drippings can be used.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onions into small pieces and cube potatoes into small cubes.
- 2Add cubed potatoes to the zip lock bag along with 0.5 tablespoon olive oil, marjoram, oregano, black pepper, curry powder, table salt and cayenne pepper. Mix this mixture around in the bag until the potatoes are well coated with everything.
- 3Coat medium-sized frying pan with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set heat to medium.
- 4Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to oil and saute for no more than 2 minutes.
- 5Add contents of ziplock bag to the pan with the onions and garlic.
- 6Mix the ingredients in the pan and cook for 10 minutes with the cover on to soften the potatoes, stirring occasionally to prevent the potatoes from sticking.
- 7After 10 minutes, remove the cover and cook for another 10 minutes to crisp the potatoes.
- 8When 10 minutes is up, add the ketchup on the top of the layer of potatoes and mix well. Cover and cook for another minute. Serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Breakfast Home Fries
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 930.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 3.7 g