Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are heavenly. I used extra jalapenos and a lot more cilantro than the recipe calls for because I don't think you can have enough cilantro, but I'll post the recipe as written. I skipped the cheese, sour cream, and salsa and still really loved this. I don't know why I never thought about making eggs with beans before--I'd pick this over sausage or bacon most days of the week. Serving size is estimated. YUM!
- 4 large tortillas (10 inch)
- 8 eggs
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- additional salsa
- additional sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place tortillas in a large covered casserole dish or wrap lightly in aluminum foil and warm in the oven.
- In a large mixing bowl, lightly beat together eggs, jalapeno, and water.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Cook eggs, stirring, until done.
- Tp assemble, spread a quarter of the scrambled eggs across center of tortilla and top with a quarter of the cheese, beans, scallions, cilantro, salsa, and sour cream. Add additional salsa and sour cream if desired.
- Fold the tortilla envelope style: bring one side of the tortilla just over edge of filling, then roll it up to form a tight bundle. Repeat with remaining tortillas and fillings. Serve burritos with additional salsa and sour cream.