Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Foodcourt column, Weekend magazine.
- 4 slices bread
- 4 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt, beaten
- 4 tablespoons semolina
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled,washed and minced
- Soak the bread slices in water for 30 seconds.
- Squeeze out the water by squeezing the bread between the palm of your hands.
- Mix all the ingredients together with the bread and knead into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 1 tbsp.
- sized equal parts.
- Flatten and fry in hot oil until golden brown on either side.
- Drain on clean paper kitchen napkins.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
hey this was outstanding i actually ate the whole thing watching a movie. i am new to cooking so it kinda feels good to make something that comes out perfect first time. Thx Charishma
Loved the crisp on outside-moist on inside texture of the discs. Such an easy snack to assemble for unexpected guests and for those unbearable hunger pangs...The best thing is that the ingredients are always available in the Indian kitchen...thanks Charishma for posting!