Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Make and share this Spicy Bourbon Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 large bell peppers, chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 8 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons ground oregano
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 -3 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1⁄4 ounces chili seasoning mix
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup desired Bourbon
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- Brown Ground Chuck and minced garlic.
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add bell peppers and onions and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the ground chuck and garlic mixture to pot. Stir in remaining ingredients except bourbon and beans. Use only 1 teaspoon of ground red pepper to begin with, adding more for hotter chili.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add Bourbon and kidney beans and simmer for 1/2 hour longer.