Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
Oh, I love this so much. Especially in the cold weather.
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon saffron thread, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can minced clams, with juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 1⁄2 lb scallops (if they are large, cut them in half)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white-fleshed fish or 1 1⁄2 lbs red snapper or 1 1⁄2 lbs flounder or 1 1⁄2 lbs cod, cut into bite size pieces
- In a large oven-proof dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the onion and garlic, stir/saute for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in flour, stir to blend.
- Add in curry, cloves, sugar, saffron, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Add in tomato juice and Tabasco; stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add clams with their juice, wine, and parsley.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the remaining seafood and bake in a 375° oven, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until the fish flakes.