Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love V8 juice and I also "like" Bloody Mary's! However, because I shouldn't drink alcohol - I refrain except on certain occasions I'll take a sip or two, the operative word being sip. I love spice in my Bloody Mary and find this particular version really good.:) This one includes red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar but feel free to alter the spices. CuisineAtHome Magazine Issue 83 - October 2010.
- 6 cups spicy V8 vegetable juice or 6 cups spicy vegetable juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (not the bottled stuff)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt (optional)
- celery seed (optional)
- lemon wedge (optional)
- pickled giardiniera (optional)
- In a large pitcher combine V8 and vodka.
- Add horseradish, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire, celery salt, and pepper flakes, stir to blend.
- Adjust seasoning and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Combine kosher salt and celery seed on a plate. Rub rims of glasses with a lemon wedge. then dip each rim into salt mixture.
- Fill each glass with ice and top with V8 mixture.
- Garnish each drink with giardenia.