I love V8 juice and I also "like" Bloody Mary's! However, because I shouldn't drink alcohol - I refrain except on certain occasions I'll take a sip or two, the operative word being sip. I love spice in my Bloody Mary and find this particular version really good.:) This one includes red pepper flakes and balsamic vinegar but feel free to alter the spices. CuisineAtHome Magazine Issue 83 - October 2010.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups spicy V8 vegetable juice or 6 cups spicy vegetable juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (not the bottled stuff)
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt (optional)
- celery seed (optional)
- lemon wedge (optional)
- pickled giardiniera (optional)
- 1In a large pitcher combine V8 and vodka.
- 2Add horseradish, lemon juice, vinegar, Worcestershire, celery salt, and pepper flakes, stir to blend.
- 3Adjust seasoning and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 4Combine kosher salt and celery seed on a plate. Rub rims of glasses with a lemon wedge. then dip each rim into salt mixture.
- 5Fill each glass with ice and top with V8 mixture.
- 6Garnish each drink with giardenia.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Bloody Maria W/Red Pepper Flakes & Balsamic Vinegar
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.6
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 406.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: