Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Break the cinnamon sticks into pieces.
- Put all the spices on a square of cheesecloth and tie up with a piece of string.
- Put the vinegar and sugar into a large saucepan.
- Stir over low heat, until the sugar has completely dissolved.
- Add the spice bag.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the blackberries and simmer for 10 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and leave the blackberry mixture to cool completely.
- Discard the spice bag.
- Line a funnel with a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Strain flavored vinegar into sterilized bottles (within 1/8-inch of the tops).
- Add fresh blackberries to each bottle.
- Seal the bottle and label.
- The vinegar is now ready to use.