Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another favorite quick & easy dinner.
Make and share this Spicy Black-Eyed Peas and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- Mix all ingredients together ina large skillet.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- This is a versatile recipe. Feel free to use different seasonings or beans if these don't strike your fancy.
Yummy recipe. I used only 1 cup of cooked brown rice and subbed some homemade spaghetti sauce for the tomato sauce and added black pepper just before serving. Made 2 servings at 9 ww points per serving. An easy and filling dish. Thanks!
Yum! What a healthful delightful dish! The cayenne adds just the right amount of kick and the rosemary adds a nice flavorful touch. Next time I will saute the green pepper slightly or let the mixture bubble longer...it was still a little too crunchy compared to the other textures.
Wonderful, the only thing I added was a teaspoon of sugar. We ate this twice in one week, once with fishcakes which went well. It is also great as a cold salad.