1/3 Photos of Spicy Black-eyed Pea Soup
Sue Lau's Note:
Easy to make in the crock pot. Has a great cajun flavor. Goes great with corn bread on the side. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces dried black-eyed peas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots or 1 cup chopped bell pepper (may mix)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- 1 lb smoked sausage or 1 lb andouille sausages or 1 lb kielbasa, cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon cajun spices or 1 tablespoon spice essence
- 49 1/2 ounces chicken broth (large can)
- cayenne pepper sauce or Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1Sort peas and soak in plenty of water overnight.
- 2Before cooking, drain and rinse.
- 3Place all ingredients into crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until peas are nicely tender.
- 4Remove bay leaves before serving.
- 5Serve with additional tabasco, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black-eyed Pea Soup
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 415.1
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 1369.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: