Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy quick meal
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups long grain rice
- in a sauce pan cook 1/2 cup onion, garlic, and hot oil till tender but not brown.
- stir in beans, undrained tomatoes, and ground red paper.
- bring to boiling then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- mound rice on a plate make a well in each mound spoon mixture into well.