- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- coarse salt
- cilantro leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add black beans and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a simmer; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Season with coarse salt, and garnish with cilantro leaves, if desired.