Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Talk about dorm food, this got me through a lot of studying. I usually serve it over wagon wheel pasta but it will probably go fine over any large pasta or even a chicken breast.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (with chilies and onions such as Del Monte's Diced with Zesty Mild Green Chilies)
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (to taste)
- monterey jack pepper cheese, grated (for garnish) (optional)
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Stirring constantly, cook until softened. About 2 minutes.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, and ground red pepper.
- Simmer until sauce thickens and the ingredients are heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish servings with grated cheese if desired and serve over pasta.
very good and easy...throw in food processor when warm to mix sauce then serve..yum:)
This was very good. Very simple ingredients I always have on hand. I would describe it more as a chili though, than a sauce. I added some water and it was still pretty thick. There are so many possibiliteies to add to this. I did add 2tsp. of both brown sugar and mollasses - I love the combination of sweet and hot and I poured it on some cut up grilled chicken :-) Thanks, Umberle