Recipe by Umberle
Talk about dorm food, this got me through a lot of studying. I usually serve it over wagon wheel pasta but it will probably go fine over any large pasta or even a chicken breast.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes and green chilies (with chilies and onions such as Del Monte's Diced with Zesty Mild Green Chilies)
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (to taste)
- monterey jack pepper cheese, grated (for garnish) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large frying pan.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Stirring constantly, cook until softened. About 2 minutes.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, and ground red pepper.
- Simmer until sauce thickens and the ingredients are heated through, about 5-10 minutes.
- Garnish servings with grated cheese if desired and serve over pasta.