Recipe by akgrown
This is a hearty vegetarian taco or burrito that is very quick and easy. You can add or take away from the toppings that I have listed. It's lo-cal and so good!
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1⁄2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped canned jalapeno (I use 1 tbs)
- seasoning salt
- 4 -6 taco shells or 4 -6 tortillas
- shredded lettuce or cabbage
- plain yogurt (I use yogurt) or sour cream (I use yogurt)
- chopped tomato
- thinly sliced red bell pepper
- shredded cheese
- julienned carrot
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and butter in skillet until. it starts to brown.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute more, until garlic is fragrant.
- Add black beans, undrained, and jalepenos.
- Mash bean mixture with potato masher to desired consistency. I like them slightly mashed.
- Bring to a boil, then turn down and simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated.
- I always taste at this point then add salt and pepper if needed, I usually don't need it.
- Serve in taco shells or tortilla's with desired toppings.