Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mother in law came up with this dish and My husband and I just love it! This is spicy and hot so if you don't like hot, spicy foods this is not the dish for you. You can use other sweet squash for this such as acorn, dumpling etc.
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 (10 ounce) canrotel diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro (blue can)
- 11 ounces Morningstar Farms spicy black bean burgers (use 2 burgers)
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut squash in half lengthwise clean out seeds and pulp.
- Put face down on a cookie sheet.
- Cook in oven set for 350°F for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a skillet with oil or butter over medium hight heat.
- Add black bean burgers, Rotel tomatoes and cilantro. while cooking crumble black bean burgers.
- When squash is done scoop out and add to the pan cook till heated through and serve.
This was good used some more seasonings on the squash though. :>