Recipe by katie in the UP
This is created for RSC #11
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
This was a nice change for a spinach salad. I did make a change by adding some chopped romaine in at the end, since I was trying to "stretch" out the quantity. I used less oil, too. The lime zest is a nice addition. Next time I'd like to add something to give it a bit of sweetness, maybe some raisins or cranberries. Thanks Katie, for posting.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed
- 6 cups fresh spinach, cleaned and dry
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon key lime zest
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat in a large skillet, 2 tbls olive oil.
- Add shallots and cook until translucent.
- Add spinach (2 cups at a time) until just wilted.
- Once spinach is wilted add tomatoes, salt, cayenne pepper and black beans.
- Remove from heat and place in serving bowl.
- Mix 4 tbs olive oil and 3 tbls of lime juice and zest in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour on spinach mixture and toss.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Serve at room temperature.