Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
An easy, healthy soup that is ready to eat when you come home from work. Its great with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt too!
- For black beans either: 1) soak overnight and then drain/rinse before adding to slow cooker OR 2) combine with vegetable broth and bring to a rolling boil for 15-30 minutes before adding to slow cooker (broth and beans).
- Combine beans, jalapeños, corn, and vegetable broth in a slow cooker.
- Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- **I used an immersion hand-blender to roughly puree the soup before serving. This gave it a little thicker texture. You could also serve "as is" or puree in a food processor.
This is great! It is *super* easy and healthy and low cost. I played around with it a little bit. I didn't chop the jalepeno but instead threw it in whole (stem cut off). I buzzed it with the immersion blender until it was about half pureed and topped it with a dollop of sour cream and sharp cheddar cheese. Yum! That about sums it up. Thanks for the great recipe Veggie Girl......
easy to prepare/tastes great!