8 hrs 15 mins
An easy, healthy soup that is ready to eat when you come home from work. Its great with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For black beans either: 1) soak overnight and then drain/rinse before adding to slow cooker OR 2) combine with vegetable broth and bring to a rolling boil for 15-30 minutes before adding to slow cooker (broth and beans).
- 2Combine beans, jalapeños, corn, and vegetable broth in a slow cooker.
- 3Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
- 4Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- 5**I used an immersion hand-blender to roughly puree the soup before serving. This gave it a little thicker texture. You could also serve "as is" or puree in a food processor.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Bean Soup (Slow Cooker)
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.1
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 206.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: