Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
from ww online
Make and share this Spicy Black Bean Soup (3 Ww Points) recipe from Food.com.
- spray cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 45 ounces canned black beans, undrained, divided (three 15 oz cans)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste )
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 14 1⁄2 ounces fat-free chicken broth or 14 1⁄2 ounces vegetable broth
- 10 ounces canned tomatoes and green chilies, such as Rotel Tomatoes
- 11 ounces canned corn, drained
- Coat bottom of a large stockpot with cooking spray. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft but not brown, about 5 minutes.
- Place one can of beans in blender; add sautéed onion mixture, red pepper flakes and cumin. Cover and blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour mixture back into stockpot.
- Place second can of beans and broth in blender and puree until smooth; add to stockpot.
- Stir third can of beans (do not puree first), tomatoes and green chilies, and corn into stockpot. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of soup per serving.