Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Rachael Ray knock-off. She called hers Black Bean Stoup (Thicker than a soup, thinner than a stew). I somethimes add bacon or ham. Enjoy!
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and divided
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart vegetable stock
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (optional)
- Sauté veggies with bay leaf in large pot.
- Add 2 Cans of black beans and tomatoes.
- Mash last can of beans with a fork and add to pot with seasonings.
- Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes on Low.
- Add lime juice and serve!