Prep 2 hrs 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low in fat and low in calories, goes great with tortilla chips. You can use the baked chips or fat free chips if you really want to keep things low.
- 3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 -3 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine ingredients.
- Chill several hours before serving.
- Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
We loved this. Made as written except I added in a little adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers. I also put about 1/4 through the food processor. Very fresh and tons of flavor. Thank you!
This was really great tasting! I loved the lime juice in it, it was so full of flavor. I only used 1 Jalapeno as my four year old was eating it and last time I made a salsa it had 3 Jalapenos in it, and I could tell it was a little hot for him. He still seemed to like it. I think next time I make it, I will put 2 Jalapenos as I think my little one will like it. Thanks a whole lot Sue L....