Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful salsa recipe that is easy to make and very flavorful. It has been a hit with tortilla chips every time I've made it for an occasion.
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 453.59 g can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 283.49 g can Rotel Tomatoes (Mexican Festival if available)
- 1-1 jar picante sauce
- 118.29 ml red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 88.74 ml lime juice
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- Combine the first ten ingredients into a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours to let all the flavors meld together.
What a great easy recipe suitable for gatherings or at home watching tv. When I make this again I will split the batch in two and put a hotter salsa in one, and a medium in the other. It turned out wonderfully and was really fast to put together.
Good and easy salsa recipe. I add a couple of tbsp. of chopped jalapeno (mild jar) and if you use the Rotel Mexican Festival tomatoes I don't add quite as much lime juice as this is in the tomatoes. I also drain the canned tomatoes so it's not so soupy. It makes a lot so have a party!