1/1 Photo of Spicy Black Bean "meat"balls
I have been looking for different ways to get a satisfying meal as a newly converted vegetarian. THIS DISH is one of the many ways! I had these over rice with sour cream and salsa on the side, but you can also serve them with pasta and tomato sauce or, instead of rolling into balls, make patties for burgers (making 4 burgers). This will satisfy people who are not vegetarian as well, my boyfriend being the test subject. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a mixing bowl, combine red onion, jalapeno, bread crumbs, salt, chili powder, and pepper. Set aside.
- 3Drain black beans and rinse thoroughly in a colander.
- 4In a food processor, combine black beans and egg until completely pureed. Add this mixture to the remaining ingredients.
- 5Combine all ingredients together. The mixture should not be sticky and should be easily formed into balls.
- 6Form mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls, making 12. Place them on a nonstick cookie sheet (or spray with non-stick spray) and place in the preheated oven.
- 7Bake for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and firm. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Meatballs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Bean "meat"balls
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.8
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 93.0 mg
- Sodium 2518.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 20.2 g