Spicy black bean enchiladas with green chilis, sour cream, cheese and firey red enchilada sauce. Perfect alongside fajita veggies and guacamole. Simple, transportable, affordable, and great for pleasing a large crowd. I like to change it up sometimes and use green enchilada sauce. From the Minimalist Baker.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 small flour tortillas (or corn, recommend flour)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce, such as Las Palmas
- 1/2 cup grated manchego cheese (plus more for topping or sub another Mexican cheese, such as Cojita or Pepper Jack)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (optional)
- 1/4 cup light sour cream (or greek yogurt)
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F. and position a baking rack in the middle of the oven.
- 2Combine black beans, green chilies, sour cream and manchego(or other) cheese in a mixing bowl. Taste and add salt and pepper if desired. Add cumin if using, but fine without. Set aside.
- 3Warm 3/4 of the enchilada sauce in a large shallow pan over low-medium heat.
- 4Pour enough enchilada sauce to also lightly coat the bottom of a 9×13 dish. Swirl to coat and set aside.
- 5If using corn tortillas drench them in hot oil before rolling up(this will soften them and make them easier to roll up).
- 6Using your hands or tongs, carefully dip the tortillas in the warmed sauce until both sides are well coated. Transfer the tortilla to the baking dish, scoop in 2 Tbsp of the black bean filling and roll up. Place seam side down and continue until the pan is filled – should be about 10-12 enchiladas.
- 7Top enchiladas with remaining sauce and use spoon to make sure all parts of the tortillas are evenly coated. Top with a bit more cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- 8Serve with toppings such as avocado, guacamole, salsa, fajita veggies, sour cream, green onion, cilantro or lettuce.
- 9Will keep in the fridge for a couple days.
- 10Reheat in oven or microwave.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Bean, Green Chili & Cheese Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 487.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 5.0 mg
- Sodium 2639.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 15.8 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: