Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
If jalapeños are too hot for your palate, use another type of chili.
Make and share this Spicy Black Bean Dip recipe from Food.com.
- Heat undrained black beans in pan on stove.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet and add onion, jalapeños and garlic.
- Slowly sauté onion mixture until onions are brown (approx. 8 minutes on medium/low heat). Remove from heat.
- When beans are thoroughly heated, drain liquid from beans via colander. Retain liquid.
- In separate bowl mash hot black beans with fork until mostly mush.
- Add onion mixture, cumin and salt to black beans and mix.
- Add lime juice and mix.
- Add retained black bean liquid teaspoon by teaspoon until you get your desired consistency (more for thinner, less for thicker).
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to cool and meld flavors (the longer it sits the better).
- Serve with tortilla chips, plain mini rice cakes or bell pepper slices.