Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I came up with this vegitarian chili to pour over nachos. I thought it turned out pretty good. I'd love to see what you think! :)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 small jalapenos, chopped
- 1 bell pepper (I used yellow)
- 1 cup corn
- 1 (28 ounce) cancrushed tomatoes with juice
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1) Combine onion, peppers, garlic and celery with one teaspoon olive oil in a large, deep pan over med-hi heat and cook until tender.
- 2) Meanwhile, spread the corn over a cookie sheet and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Bake on 400 until brown or looks like its starting to shrivel (may not turn brown).
- 3) Stir spices into sautéed vegetable mix.
- 4) Add tomatoes, corn and beans.
- 5) Bring to a simmer, cover and let cook for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
This is a very good recipe. I used a 19 oz, can of tomatoes and 1/2 tsp of cumin and 1/4 tsp of cayenne. Thanks for the recipe.