Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe on the Land O Lakes website. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds delicious!
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce or 1 cup picante sauce or 1 cup salsa
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- Heat oven to 375°F Combine chicken, chili powder and cumin in 10-inch skillet; stir in beans. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through (2 to 3 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in 1/2 cup sour cream.
- To assemble each enchilada, spread 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce on tortilla. Place 1/2 cup bean mixture in center of tortilla; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up tortilla; place into greased 13x9-inch baking dish, seam-side down. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Continue baking, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, top each enchilada with dollop of remaining sour cream; sprinkle with green onions. Serve with chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, if desired.
I used whole wheat flour tortillas and soy chicken and soy substitutes for this and it turned out very good!!!