Cook time is per panful of bean cakes. This is from Chef2Chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups cooked black beans, drained or 4 cups rinsed and drained canned beans
- 1 jalapeno, with seeds,finely diced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- salt & pepper, to taste
- oil, for frying
For Cilantro Crema
- 1Place all bean cake ingredients, except oil, in a large mixing bowl and combine, partially mashing black beans (hands are best for this).
- 2Shape mixture into patties about 2 inches in diameter by 1 inch thick (an ice cream scoop is and ideal measure for this size patty).
- 3Fry over medium-high heat in a lightly oiled, heavy-bottomed pan, about 2 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- 4Serve immediately with a generous scoop of Avocado Salsa and a generous drizzle of Cilantro Crema, if desired.
- 5For Cilantro Crema: Combine all ingredients until well-blended.
- 6Keep refrigerated until serving.
- 7(Makes 2 1/2 cups.).
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Black Bean Cakes with Cilantro Crema
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 20.7 mg
- Sodium 41.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g