Spicy Black Bean Cakes with Cilantro Crema
- Place all bean cake ingredients, except oil, in a large mixing bowl and combine, partially mashing black beans (hands are best for this).
- Shape mixture into patties about 2 inches in diameter by 1 inch thick (an ice cream scoop is and ideal measure for this size patty).
- Fry over medium-high heat in a lightly oiled, heavy-bottomed pan, about 2 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a generous scoop of Avocado Salsa and a generous drizzle of Cilantro Crema, if desired.
- For Cilantro Crema: Combine all ingredients until well-blended.
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
- (Makes 2 1/2 cups.).