Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a fast and simple supper that you can embellish as much as you want to suit the tastes of your family.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo, with some of the adobo sauce (use more to make it hotter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- prepared salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the beans, chipotles, cumin and salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until simmering.
- Stir in the green onions and continue to simmer 2 minutes.
- To assemble, spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture on center of each tortilla.
- Top with equal amounts of the cheese, lettuce, and cilantro.
- Fold bottom edge up over filling.
- Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges.
- Serve with the salsa and guacamole.
Excellent recipe! I "fried" the quesadillas after filling them in olive oil Pam just to crisp them up a little. I also added sliced avocado. Fast, easy, great meal!
We really liked these! Like other reviewers said, the smokiness of the chipotles was really nice! It was really quick and nice for a meal with pantry items! Thanks!
Wonderful burritos! I love the smokiness the chipotles added. I also added some grilled chicken breast into the burritos. Thanks Geema!