Recipe by Geema
This is a fast and simple supper that you can embellish as much as you want to suit the tastes of your family.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, undrained
- 1 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo, with some of the adobo sauce (use more to make it hotter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 6 10-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaf
- prepared salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat the beans, chipotles, cumin and salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until simmering.
- Stir in the green onions and continue to simmer 2 minutes.
- To assemble, spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture on center of each tortilla.
- Top with equal amounts of the cheese, lettuce, and cilantro.
- Fold bottom edge up over filling.
- Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges.
- Serve with the salsa and guacamole.