Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Heathy, Hearty and Spicy black bean soup.
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 2 (14 ounce) cans black beans
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can corn
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- Saute chopped garlic, onion and peppers until onions start to become translucent.
- Add the spices, desired ampount of hot sauce, rotel, black beans and the drained corn. Cook until it starts to simmer.
- Add vegetables broth, simmer until all vegetables are cooked.
- Add rice and simmer for another five minute.
Very good. I added one pound sliced smoked sausage. Also put it in the crockpot for the afternoon after I sauteed the vegetables.