Recipe by daishasma
healthy source of protein for vegetarians
Top Review by DbKnadler
These were awesome! My husband said he would only try one bite, but he ended up finishing off his 1st and went back for a second! I didn't mash my beans though, I thought the texture would be more like ground beef if I left them whole. We have made these a few times and we love them everytime!
- 6 ounces dried black beans
- 6 ounces dried lentils
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare beans according to packages.
- Allow beans to cool and mash well.
- Chop onion, garlic, and jalapenos finely.
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Roll mix into hamburger patties.
- Add to greased skillet until brown on both sides (5-8 min).