Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
healthy source of protein for vegetarians
Make and share this Spicy Black Bean and Lentil Burgers recipe from Food.com.
- 170.09 g dried black beans
- 170.09 g dried lentils
- 1 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml salt
- 4.92 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2 beaten eggs
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- Prepare beans according to packages.
- Allow beans to cool and mash well.
- Chop onion, garlic, and jalapenos finely.
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Roll mix into hamburger patties.
- Add to greased skillet until brown on both sides (5-8 min).
These were awesome! My husband said he would only try one bite, but he ended up finishing off his 1st and went back for a second! I didn't mash my beans though, I thought the texture would be more like ground beef if I left them whole. We have made these a few times and we love them everytime!
This recipe is very forgiving. I replaced the eggs with flax to make it vegan, I used red pepper flake instead of jalapeño and I completely forgot to add the onion some how I still got a substance that wasn't too dry to hold a patty shape. I also pulverized the lentils but only gently pulsed the black beans to leave a bit of chunk. They came out quite delicious.
I had leftovers from yesterday,I heated them up and made tacos.They were delicious! I added a tiny bit of salt but with the lettuce,salsa and cheese,they were great!