- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can dark beer
- 6 (2 1/2 ounce) hoagie rolls, cut in half, lengthwise (with sesame seeds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add roast beef and next 6 ingredients (roast beef through beer).
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain the roast beef in a colander over a bowl, reserving the sauce.
- Divide the roast beef evenly among roll bottoms, top with roll tops.
- Serve sandwiches with reserved sauce for dunking.