Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mmmm good! Beef dip from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Spicy Bistro Steak Subs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 lb thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup or 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can dark beer
- 6 (2 1/2 ounce) hoagie rolls, cut in half, lengthwise (with sesame seeds)
- Melt butter in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add roast beef and next 6 ingredients (roast beef through beer).
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain the roast beef in a colander over a bowl, reserving the sauce.
- Divide the roast beef evenly among roll bottoms, top with roll tops.
- Serve sandwiches with reserved sauce for dunking.
Good fast meal. It's major value is in the short time it takes to prepare it. flavorful too. Serve with fat free potato chips and a veggie relish plate.
Wow! This was so quick to make that I couldn't believe how delicious it turned out to be. My hubby said he had a couple guys in mind he wanted to invite next time to enjoy this. I sauteed some onion, mushrooms, and jalapenos in butter and put those on top along with some provolone cheese.
Hubby really liked the slightly spicy sauce on this French Dip type sandwich. I think that this might replace my usual quick and easy "French Dip" that I have always prepared with deli meats. I used roasted garlic ciabatta rolls and loved the added flavor.