Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I've not tested this frittata myself, but it looked yummy so it's on my list! Sounds like a nice change of pace, and could be lightened further and made vegetarian by using Soyrizo in place of the sausage. Great for brunch or a quick weeknight meal, served with salsa and sour cream and maybe some beans and rice on the side.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 lb chorizo sausage, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat eggs and whites lightly, and stir in cilantro and oregano. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a medium oven-proof skillet. Add pepper and onion and saute until soft, 5-7 minutes.
- Add sausage and cook until lightly browned. (If you're using Soyrizo here, cook just 1 minute.).
- Add garlic and cook a minute more, just make sure not to burn it!
- Add egg mixture into skillet and cook a minute more, making sure vegetables and chorizo are evenly distributed.
- Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are cooked through, 12-15 minutes.
- Slice into wedges and serve hot or at room temperature.