Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Southwestern-type vegetarian dish with soy-sausage.
- 3 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces chorizo style soy sausage, such as Soyrizo, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk eggs, whites, cilantro and oregano together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoons olive oil in 10 inch oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add pepper and shallot and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until soft.
- Add sausage and remaining oil, cook for 1 minute.
- Stir egg mixture into vegetables.
- Transfer skillet over to oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Slice into wedges and serve hot.