Prep 24 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a wonderful recipe and one I have made many times on my rotisserie, the brine will force flavor and moisture into the pork resulting in a melt-in-your-mouth tender pork loin, if you are lucky enough to have an Showtime indoor rotisserie then use it for this recipe or if weather permits make it on your outdoor barbecue rotisserie --- plan ahead this needs to marinate for a minimum 8-24 hours (24 hours hours is even better) cooking time is only estimated.
- Place the pork loin roast in a heavy large plastic ziploc bag.
- In a bowl whisk together beer, corn syrup, onions, mustard, chili powder, garlic and black pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the pork.
- Seal the bag tightly and turn to coat the meat.
- Place the bag in a large bowl and place in the refrigerator for 8-24 hours.
- When ready to cook prepare the rotisserie. Remove the roast from the marinade (reserving the marinade for basting) and bring to ALMOST room temperature before cooking (this is important!).
- Place the pork on the spit then set over heat and baste every 10-15 minutes or the internal temperature reads 155-160°F.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Remove the roast from the spit and let rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Very, Very good! I used my Showtime Rotisserie - about 45 minutes for a 4 lb loin...perfect!!
We made a 7-pound pork loin for 12 people. Every bite was moist and delicious. After we cleared the table, people were picking up left-over slices with their fingers.
This pork was tender and juicy and the flavor was outstanding. I didn't have the dark corn syrup, so I substituted maple syrup instead. I will definitely prepare this one again!