Recipe by Rita~
Ever so tender, spicy, fruity, and sweet!
Top Review by Debber
*ZWT3 Family Picks* We enjoyed this for Sunday barbecue along with baked potatoes. Didn't marinate as long as called for (only about 2 1/2 hours), but still had a great flavor, and very moist meat. I used a pork roast (it's what I had on hand), regular beer, and realize now I completely forgot the rosemary, too! OOops! I saved & chilled the marinade to use for another hunk-a-meat later this week (rather than dumping out). Thanks for a great bbq recipe!
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin
- 12 ounces amber ale
- 1⁄2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeno, minced
- 1⁄3 cup prepared spicy mustard
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork in large zip lock bag. In medium bowl, stir together beer, corn syrup, onion, jalapeno, mustard, oil, chili powder, honey, garlic and rosemary; pour over pork, seal bag and toss gently to coat pork. Refrigerate 6-24 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high. Remove pork from marinade, reserving marinade for basting liquid.
- Grill pork over indirect heat, away from fire, basting every 10 minutes with reserved marinade, until internal temperature reads 150-155 degrees F., about 45- minutes to 1 hour. Discard any remaining marinade; remove pork from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.