- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 (9 ounce) bottlepale ale
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced including green part
- 10 ounces jalapenos, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift teh flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the beer and mix well.
- Add the cheese, scallions, and jalapenos and mix well.
- The batter will be stiff.
- Spoon evenly into a greased 9x5 loaf pan and brush the top with the melted butter.
- Bake at 300º for 45 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven to cool and cut into 1/4 inch slices when ready to serve.
- To serve, arrange the slices on a baking sheet and broil for 1 minute or until brown.