Recipe by anonymous
Home tested collection. Makes quite a bit---not really too spicy unless you add red pepper. Brought leftovers for lunch and many called to see what I was eating!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced small
- 1 garlic clove, minced (1/2 tspn of chopped garlic)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- salt and pepper
- 10 ounces diced tomatoes and green chilies (1 can undrained)
- 9 ounces tomato sauce (1 small can)
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb egg noodles (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I sometimes substitute mexican shredded for all cheeses)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄3 cup monterey jack pepper cheese (or both mixed) or 1⁄3 cup provolone cheese (or both mixed)
Directions See How It's Made
- cook ground beef, onion and garlic in skillet until meat is no longer pink.
- Pour off some of the grease.
- Add chili powder, paprika, basil and thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for a couple of minutes.
- add tomato with juice, tomato sauce, water and worcestershire sauce and mix well.
- Simmer covered for about 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles.
- Add drained noodles to casserole dish.
- Add beef mixture to noodles and mix together.
- Sprinkle cheeses over top and bake at 350 until cheese is melted.
- Optional: add ground red pepper or red pepper flakes to spice it up.