Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this in my local paper and made a few adjustments to use ingredients available to me. Careful, it's spicy! Prep time includes 1 hour marinade time.
- 8 ounces New York strip steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce or 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch long piece gingerroot, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut on diag into 1-1/2 in. pieces
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- Marinate beef in orange juice and soy sauce for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chili sauce, onions, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add beef and marinade. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until nearly cooked through. Remove beef to plate.
- Add asparagus. (Add more oil if needed.) Stir fry until cooked but still slightly crunchy, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Add mushrooms. Stir fry about 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Return all ingredients to skillet and heat through for about 1 minute.
I used frozen oj concentrate and added red pepper strips. The dish was colorful, easy after the chopping is completed, and with rice made a great weeknight meal. Thank you for sharing the recipe!