1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I found this in my local paper and made a few adjustments to use ingredients available to me. Careful, it's spicy! Prep time includes 1 hour marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces New York strip steaks, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Thai sweet chili sauce or 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch long piece gingerroot, minced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut on diag into 1-1/2 in. pieces
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1Marinate beef in orange juice and soy sauce for 1 hour.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet. Add chili sauce, onions, garlic and ginger. Stir fry for 1 minute.
- 3Add beef and marinade. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes or until nearly cooked through. Remove beef to plate.
- 4Add asparagus. (Add more oil if needed.) Stir fry until cooked but still slightly crunchy, about 4 minutes. Remove to plate.
- 5Add mushrooms. Stir fry about 4 minutes.
- 6Reduce heat to low. Return all ingredients to skillet and heat through for about 1 minute.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Beef With Asparagus and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.2
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 91.8 mg
- Sodium 1222.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 35.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: