Recipe by Leona L.
Spicy, wonderfully filling, had the neighbors ask me what smelled so good--ha ha. Do try it at least once!
Top Review by **Pebbles**
Really good and filling. I added a full small can of tomato paste, a real flavor booster and some more beef broth/water to dilute it. I served it with grated parmesan on top.
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup pasta (any shape)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté meat in oil, till brown, add onions and garlic and then sauté till onion is cooked.
- In large pot add all other ingredients except the pasta.
- Bring to a boil, add your meat and onions.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is cooked.