Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Moist and flavorful. Goes great with rice and a green vegetable. Prep time doesn't include marinating overnight.
- 1 cup Burgundy wine or 1 cup Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1⁄2 cup jamaican pepper sauce (tomato-mango-pepper sauce)
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 4 1⁄2-5 lbs beef tenderloin
- 6 slices bacon
- Mix the wine, pepper sauce, and Worcestershire sauce until well blended and pour marinade over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight, turning several times.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Wrap roast in bacon and place in a roasting pan.
- Insert a meat thermometer to 1/2 the depth of the meat.
- Roast, uncovered, for 10 minutes at 475°F.
- Lower heat to 325°F and roast to desired doneness: 15-18 minutes/lb for rare (140°F on thermometer), 19-21 minutes/lb for medium-rare (145°F), 22-25 minutes/lb for medium (160°F), 27-30 minutes/lb for well-done (170°F).
- Transfer to cutting board, tent with foil, and let stand for 15 minutes before carving.