So good for those fall and winter months. Gets you really warm inside! Serve with some nice crusty french bread to sop up all the liquid.
- 1 lb stew meat
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 4 cups water
- 1 package california-blend frozen vegetables (broccoli, califlower, carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup milk, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Put first 3 ingredients into pot.
- Brown meat until you can see no pink, over medium high heat.
- Add flour and stir to coat.
- Then add water and boil, covered for 10 minutes.
- Then add seasonings, kitchen bouquet, white wine, worcestershire, and veggies and then add 4 cups water, or until the top of meat and veggie mixture is covered.
- Boil for another 20 minutes covered.
- If needed keep adding water to keep covering the top.
- Then at end add milk and flour mixture to thicken, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meat is a little chewy, so if you want it more tender before adding milk and flour mixture let boil for another 10 minutes.