Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Not spicy, but with a little more kick than a traditional stew.
- 1 lb beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 shallot, diced
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb potato, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- salt and pepper
- Season flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge meat and brown, remove from pan.
- Add onions, garlic, and shallot and sauté until golden.
- Add remaining ingredients and meat to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer on low for 1 hour.