1 hr 52 mins
1 hr 42 mins
Nice spicy taste. B H & G low cal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb beef round steak
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 large carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1Trim fat from meat.
- 2Cut meat into 3/4 inch cubes.
- 3Spray a large saucepan with veggie spray.
- 4Heat saucepan, add meat, onion and garlic, cook over medium high heat 'til meat is brown and onion is tender.
- 5Drain off fat.
- 6Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, chili powder, cumin, basil and 2 cups water.
- 7Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or'til meat is tender.
- 8Cut carrots into thin match like strips.
- 9Stir carrots and broccoli into meat mixture.
- 10Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes more or 'til tender crisp.
- 11Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoon cold water.
- 12Stir into stew, cook and stir until bubbly, cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spicy Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.4
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.1 mg
- Sodium 149.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak
condensed fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth