Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 42 mins
Nice spicy taste. B H & G low cal.
Make and share this Spicy Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb beef round steak
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 4 large carrots
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 3/4 inch cubes.
- Spray a large saucepan with veggie spray.
- Heat saucepan, add meat, onion and garlic, cook over medium high heat 'til meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth, chili powder, cumin, basil and 2 cups water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or'til meat is tender.
- Cut carrots into thin match like strips.
- Stir carrots and broccoli into meat mixture.
- Cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes more or 'til tender crisp.
- Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoon cold water.
- Stir into stew, cook and stir until bubbly, cook and stir for 2 minutes more.